Saturday, July 4, 2009

My new photography blog

When my fiance passed away unexpectedly, I inherited his Nikon D70s digital camera and all the "toys" he bought for it as all as the ones I bought him. I have always been a little afraid of the camera-it's pretty nice and I'm a clutz.

As the months passed and I saw the camera just sitting there, I knew that James would want me to use it. I decided I would take up photography as a way to honor him. My first step was to join a group through meetup.com for women learning photography. I quickly realized I was in over my head and decided that I would still go to the meetings and photo shoots, but I also needed to take a class!

I am currently taking a class through one of the local school district's community education programs. It is a 6-week course and is supposed to be for beginners, but we are also learning things from the intermediate and advanced classes as well.

I decided to start this blog to motivate myself to keep taking pictures after the class is over. I feel if I have somewhere to "put" the pictures, and if I get feedback on them, I will stay inspired to take more.

No comments:

Post a Comment