Sunday, July 26, 2009

History in my backyard-Officer's Row & Ft. Vancouver

Just east of the Academy is my favorite part of this city I call home: Officer's Row. I love historical buildings and the Marshall House was on the short list of places I wanted to have our wedding. As with the Academy, most of the buildings now house small businesses. I did see a couple that are being used for private residences. I would be in Heaven if I could live in one of those!

Officer's Row is part of the Ft. Vancouver Historical Site and sits just to the north of the Fort itself. Alongside the Fort is a walking trail and "land bridge" that crosses over I-5 to an area of nice restaurants and condos that sit right on the Columbia River. It makes for a very nice walk. To the east of the Fort is Pearson Air Field and Museum. Pearson is an active airport for small aircraft.


Barracks

I wanted wedding pictures taken in this.

Markers help tell the history of Officer's Row.

The Marshall House

I love the architecture



Ulysses S. Grant House

Red Cross building

Artillery Barracks

Plane departing from Pearson passing over the Fort

Fort Vancouver-next time, I'll go in.

The Fort with barracks and Officer's Row in the background


No comments:

Post a Comment